THE PURPOSE of The Mothers'
Union is to be specially concerned with all that strengthens and
preserves marriage and Christian family life.
ITS AIM is the advancement of the Christian religion in
the sphere of marriage and family life.
Our FIVE OBJECTS are:
1. To uphold Christ's teaching on
the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding.
2. To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith
and life of the Church.
3. To maintain a Worldwide fellowship of Christians united in
prayer, worship and service.
4. To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family
life and the protection of children.
5. To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
In discharging these obligations its main aim is to bring about
a world where God's love is shown through loving, respectful and
flourishing relationships. This is not a vague hope, but a goal
we actively pursue through prayer, programmes, policy work and
community relationships. By supporting marriage and family life,
especially through times of adversity, we tackle the most urgent
needs challenging relationships and communities.